Give a talk on shopping.
Remember to say:
• why people can’t do without shopping
• if shopping is more popular with boys or with
• who and where does most of the shopping in your
• if shopping by the Internet will become the
main way of buying things in the future, why/why
You will have to talk for 2-2.5
minutes. The examiner will listen until you have
finished. Then she/he will ask you some questions.
1. Do you like going to school?
2. What are your favourite classes/subjects?
3. What do you like doing in your free time?
Task 1 (3-3.5 minutes)
Let the student talk for 2-25 minutes.
Ask only those questions which the student has
not covered while giving the talk.
1. Why can't people do without shopping?
2. Is shopping more popular with boys or with
3. Who and where does most of the shopping in
your family? Why?
4. Will shopping by the Internet become the main
way of buying things in the future? Why/why not?
All of these ideas must be covered.
Finally, you must ask each student the following
Is it better to go shopping on your own or with
SKILLS ТО BE TESTED
The student is expected to demonstrate her/his
- speak at length elaborating on the topic
- produce coherent utterances
- give reasons